Monday, May 30, 2011

Welcome!

Well, hello there! I thought since breastfeeding is such a huge part of my life right now and has been for a while, I'm going to do what most people would do - I'll write about it. :)

I'm Catie. A happily married, stay at home mom to two beautiful girls.


Unfortunately, they were both colicky and I had a very difficult time breastfeeding for the first several months with both girls. (I'll talk more about that later.) Thankfully, I had enough people in my life to encourage me to continue breastfeeding and that is absolutely what kept me going.

Well, that and knowing that breastfeeding is the BEST I can give my babies.

I'm proud to say I nursed my first child until she was 16 months and will continue to nurse my second baby until...well, I stop.

This blog is about my journey in breastfeeding and a few things I've learned along the way. Why do I feel the need to write about it, you ask? It's therapeutic.

Oh... and I really have a desire to encourage other mothers to push through their difficulties and experience the satisfaction of knowing they have given their baby the very best start. :) I'm so glad I did.

Breastfeeding is such a unique and wonderful experience. But it does have it's challenges, as any mom who's breastfed would tell you, I'm sure. That said, I'm going to try and keep it real, yo. I also hope to learn as much as I can. There's so much about breastfeeding I don't know so share your story's, tips, advice.. whatever - I'm all ears!

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment